Thanksgiving will be here before you know it! If you’re still figuring out your dinner plans –now is the time! There are a ton of preparations to make when getting ready for Thanksgiving; including making sure your car is in tiptop Thanksgiving shape as well as preparing yourself to drive on Turkey Day. For a special Thanksgiving, follow these auto service and safe driving tips from Action Auto in Cortland!
Have your Action Auto vehicle serviced with us!
Before you set out on the road for a day full of food and family, bring your car or truck to our auto service center for a safety inspection. Our expert auto technicians will go over your vehicle and look parts like:
- Brakes – For quicker and more reliable stops in case a rogue turkey steps out in front of you suddenly.
- Windshield wipers –Maximum visibility is crucial while driving on a night when there are a lot of people traveling on the road.
- Headlights, taillights, brake lights and turn indicators –You want other drivers to see you as much as you want to see them on the road!
- Battery –Don’t get stranded and miss the stuffing, cranberry sauce and turkey. Get your car battery checked for enough juice!
- Tires –Keep safe traction on the road while transporting precious cargo like fresh apple and pumpkin pies or a golden brown roasted turkey.
It’s crucial that all of these things be serviced before you head out for a day of thankfulness and great eats, because it is important for the safety of you, your passengers and those around you on Thanksgiving day.
Use these safe driving tips for Thanksgiving!
No matter how good of a driver you are, it’s always important to get a refresher on safe driving for a day that will be filled with a lot of travelers, late nights and a lot of possible distractions.
For a safer November 26, use these safe driving tips while behind the wheel of your Action Auto used car.
- Don’t forget to turn on the headlights on as soon as it becomes dusk. For a better lit pathway and so commuters can see you coming –make sure your headlights are on!
- Slow down! Safe driving includes abiding by the speed limit and decreasing your speeds at pedestrian crossings as well as on residential streets.
- Obey stop signs and other road rules. Come to a complete stop at a stop sign and check your surroundings fully before driving through an intersection.
- Avoid distracted driving completely. For safe driving on Thanksgiving, keep your cell phone out of sight and out of reach while you’re behind the wheel of your Action Auto used car. It’s best to reduce the amount of passengers in your vehicle as well as avoiding doing tasks like eating, drinking or grooming.
Action Auto in Cortland wants to remind you to have a safe Thanksgiving and to NEVER drink and drive. If you’ve been drinking, call a cab or have a friend drive you home.