Thanksgiving Safe Driving Tips from our Action Auto Service Team!
Thanksgiving2015! A wonderful day to spend it with your dear family and friends. Not to mention all of the decadent and savory foods you’ll get to binge on! Where will you be spending your Thanksgiving? Did you know that Thanksgiving week is one of the busiest traveling weeks of the year in the U.S.? Our Action Auto Service team in Cortland wants to ensure you and your family are safe on the road on the way to your destination! That’s why we have put together some safe driving tips for you and your family to arrive safe and sound in order to have a fun-filled Thanksgiving holiday!
Practice safe driving on your road trip on Thanksgiving!
Before you head out of town, make sure your car is safe and reliable; especially if you plan on heading out of New York and into some extreme weather conditions! Bring your car into our Action Auto Service Center in Cortland to have a overall check up, or fix any small issues. The last thing you’d want is to get stuck with a problematic car on Thanksgiving weekend.
Our Action Auto Service team in Cortland share 5 safe driving tips for Thanksgiving!
When you bring your car to our Cortland Service Center you can have your car inspected inside and out! One of our certified technicians can ensure that your car is ready to hit the road! Then, use safe driving tips from our Action Auto Service Team in Cortland to get to the destination quickly while making the journey enjoyable!
- Plan a route and plan an alternative route! The roads will be crowded. You may be stuck for a while. If you plan an alternate route you have other escape routes from the traffic. Our Action Auto Service department also recommend using a navigation system if you have one. They are able to determine the quickest routes with traffic updates.
- Fuel up! We know you’re hurrying to get on the road to shave off as much time as possible! However, with traffic you might be doing a bit of stopping and going. Make sure you get gas before you head out. Don’t be stranded without gas on the side of the road.
- The most popular days to travel are Thanksgiving Eve and the Sunday after Thanksgiving. If you want to ensure you have a tranquil and safe driving experience, then we suggest alternative days to travel. However, if that’s not an option, plan on leaving really early or really late in order to avoid heavy loads of cars.
- Practice defensive driving! There’ll be plenty of tired and reckless drivers out on the road. Protect you and your family with your safe driving techniques. Use defensive driving when you see dangerous driving on the road.
- One safe driving technique you should always use is to avoid being distracted! Put anything that might deter your attention away. Have a co-captain to help you control the navigation system, music and phone.
Our Action Auto Service Department wants to wish you and your family a very happy and warm Thanksgiving!